segunda-feira, 11 de janeiro de 2016

Eurotrip: Munich (in english!) - part.1

Hello!

    My journey began with going to the airport . I got there with 2hours in advance and it was very good because I found out that my flight Paris x Munich was not with dispatched luggage and I had to talk to the staff of the air france at the counter to resolve the issue.
# Caution backpacker! Depending on the size of your backpack you'll have to dispatched it and in Europe the regular ticket does not come included with basement baggage . So attention at the time of purchase of low-cost plane tickets to not have to pay more money to check bags at the time . Also watch for the maximum weight of the luggage because companies have an  expensive  charge per kg exceeded!

     Backing to the history: My flight left at 06 p.m and  was direct to Paris. Usually cheaper connecting flights but I preferred a direct flight since 11 hours flight is enough for me (thank you!) .
The air france won my heart 'cause boarding service was very good, the space between the seats of the economy class was acceptable and the entertainment (series and movies during the flight ) was very good - as I could not sleep I saw a lot of movies  xD
    In order to organize the posts better, I decided to separate a city per  post (which are already huge) . 
So , despite the first day of travel to be in Paris, I decided to leave to tell what I did that first day in the post about Paris (which will be the last ) .
To get organized :
1- Munich ( this post)
2 -Prague
3- Dresden
4- Berlin
5 -London
6- Dublin
7- Paris
     Before beginning the day-to- day, I’d  like to talk about how I got to the hostel from the Munich airport .
The Munich airport is one of the best  airports that I've been during my trip. Inside the airport there is an S- Bahn station ( like a subway on the surface ) that takes you straight to the main station  in Munich (Munchen Hbf ) . The journey takes approximately 50 minutes and cost 11 euros . But that’s not only that. It was all so clean and organized.  A lot of signs shows you exactly the way you have to follow to go to the S bahn station (or whatever transport you want to take).I didn’t need to talk to anybody to know where to go – and since I don’t speak german and it was really late in the night, it was a bless!
    I stayed in a hostel called Wombats . The Wombats is a network of hostels that has branches in several European capitals such as Berlin and London , with a settlement pattern ( beds , lockers, etc. ) . I payed approx. 90 euros for 4 nights ina femmale dorm  and do not regret it because it was one of the best hostels I’ve stayed. It is located just next to the train station / metro / s- bahn / tram , besides being very close to the city center - you can walk ! Therefore , I recommend the place for backpackers! 

 
First day in Munich :
    On my first day in Munich I ended up going to Fussen , a nearby city that is famous for Neuschwanstein Castle - which inspired Walt Disney to make the castle of Cinderella !
     I ended up doing the tour of the hostel and I did not regret it. I  spent a little bitmore than if I did it by myself but it was amazing! Our guide, Adam, was really good teeling us the historys and taking us through the forest around the castle. I payd 36 eurosor the guide tour and 14.00 for the entrance in the castle.  


We went by train + bus and did a trekking through the forest with the guide. It was super exhausting but unforgettable! A beautiful panoramic view! 
   The natural beauty of the place and the magnitude of the Castle made ​​it difficult to find the super short tour inside the castle something incredible xD The tour can be booked online or purchased on time. 
    We only entered the Neuschwanstein Castle in the tour that I did because we didn’t have enough time to do both castles. 
    We arrived in Fussen 18h in the packed and the whole group was dinner at a very good restaurant suggested by the guide : Land Haus . The food was great and very good price too. (Left about 10 euros , and the portion was more than generous ) From there we close the evening at the famous brewery Hofbrahaus - 1 liter beer mug! ( 8 euros ) 

Hofbrahaus!


 
Second day in Munich :
I went with my brasilian new friend Doug (met the day before the tour to Fussen)  to the English Garten, where we saw people surfing in a river 0.0 A must seen of Munich! After a long  walk. We went to Residenz museum.
This Palace was actually inhabited by the Bavarian royal family and is a tourist attraction. I was there about 2 hours (a little bit rush, but that's life) and saw the residence and the royal treasury (combined ticket left € 9 with audioguide included)
.

Outside of the residenz there were a Christmas market and we had lunch there.  The food was delicious and with generous portions. I ate bread with steak with onions and sauerkraut with chicken and potatoes for 12 euros - slightly more expensive than necessary but very worth it!

In this moment we split and  I went to  the Egyptian Museum (Staatliche Sammlung für Ägyptische Kunst) that really chocked me in disbelieve. I think that was the most organized museum  I’ve been in all my trip (nope, I will not put a list here because there are a lot of them!)  and that makes my visiting be the most interesting.  The Audio guide makes all the difference in visitation and is included in the 7 euros entrance. I was there for three hours and it was wonderful. 


Obviously, after that maratone,  I was tired and starving.  I dined at a Chinese restaurant on the way to the hostel (have to say that I didn’t expect that bunch of  Asian restaurants in town!). Awesome food!
 
To keep reading about Munich click here. 

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário